homestead - Re: [Homestead] Squash Bugs

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Squash Bugs
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:28:20 -0400

Rob; the squash bugs, or rather the virus that they spread, I think, devatated all my melons and squash a three years ago. Last year I tried a few squash with lots of marigolds around them, and didn't see a squash bug all summer. This year I've done some research and apparently squash bugs don't like borage, nasturiums, and bee balm, in addition to marigolds. I'm adding all those plants into my squash beds. If nothing else, it will be colorful. :-)

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>