homestead - [Homestead] Monday "C"

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Monday "C"
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:09:47 -0800

You ever have a week of Mondays? I'm having a week of Mondays. If it can go wrong it will go wrong. The latest is the Jimmy. Got into town and checked the mail. Came back out. Battery deader than the doornail. Luckily John and John are only a block away and DH walked over there and Old John brought over the portable thingy, jumped the battery and we went over to buy a new battery. We'd have pulled one out of the boat except the dumb Jimmy has to have side posts. Yeah, yeah, I know, I could have changed the posts but the cables weren't long enough. Damn, damn and double damn!.

So, we bought a new battery ($90). The young helper at the garage kept asking if we were sure we needed a new battery. I told him I was absolutely positive. He gave me one of those "yeah, right, lady, like a woman would know" looks. However, as we took out the old battery he about dropped his teeth. It was good for a giggle and I gave him the ol' raised eyebrows, told you so look <g> I originally bought the battery for DH's old toy ('68 Corvette) and swapped it out when he sold the Vette and bought the Jimmy. I mean, it was one of those super crankers and I paid the big bucks for it. The battery was NINETEEN years old <g> I'm pretty sure the new battery won't last that long, unfortunately.

Lynda
Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.