homestead - Re: [Homestead] Dog is sick

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Dog is sick
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:19:04 -0500

Well, I don't see why you'd have to put him down if the 50/50 didn't work out, in that case couldn't they just take off the leg? I've known several 3-legged dogs that get around like they had four. Most people's bones heal in casts unless they are compound or located on an elbow or moving joint where they have to have pins.

There are several herbs, like boneset, and homeopathics, like silica, used internally to help bones knit back together. Maybe a cast plus these would do the trick?

I am a sucker for my animals. When my Dachshund broke his back at 11 years of age and lost the use of his back legs I paid $3,000 (I didn't really have the money to spare either, had to scrape it together) for the surgery and he lived another seven walking normally. Those were happy years and I do not regret a dime of it.

Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Sage Austin | Eureka! Design <