homestead - [Homestead] Dog is sick

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Dog is sick
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:17:09 -0400

You all have been through this before, one time or another. Our older Border
Collie, Jack, has a broken leg. We have no idea how it happened, but he
limped yesterday and today it was worse so we took him to the Vet.
Our choices are surgery ($2k+), a cast that may or may not work ($600+) or
to let nature take its course and do our best to keep him comfortable. That,
too, has a 50/50 chance. The bone may poke through and we'd probably have to
put him down.

Jack is going on 11. He's been acting geriatric for a year or more. We don't
have the extra money just sitting around.

Today stinks but I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned and a silver
lining somewhere, but for now, I can't see it.

Lisa
sw VA