homestead - [Homestead] Don't Ya Just Love It

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Don't Ya Just Love It
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:33:23 -0800

when obnoxious people get smacked up along side the head by the own nasty behavior?

Well, our neighbors to the south were/are a strange couple. The guy wasn't all that old but too many bent elbows with a bottle made him seem much older than he was. He wasn't all that hard to get along with but his wife is truly a piece of work. He died the Halloween before last. Wifey dearest promptly took back her maiden name. He had told us he would move their driveway to their property "before I die." Well, it didn't happen.

Wifey got her comupence when his will was read. Seems the land had always been in his name only and he left it to their daughter. Daughter is one of those that came in like she owned the world and shouting orders right, left and inbetween.

She was getting a surveyor out because she just knew the road was on her property or at least most of it was. And she just knew that the guy to the south of them and we were "stealing" her land.

We know where our northern line is because it is both surveyed and filed with the county. Know where the eastern line is because one corner is part of the northern survey and the other corner is a BLM survey. We also know where one point on our southern line is because there is also a BLM survey marker there.

Surveyor she paid was out yesterday and today. She lost 75% of the road and between 20 and 50' on our joint line. It is all nicely staked out now. Fence posts will be going in tomorrow!

And the best part, we didn't have to pay a thing <g>

Lynda
Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.