homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don't Ya Just Love It

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don't Ya Just Love It
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 01:42:10 -0400

Good Deal, Lynda. We have one neighbor like that. Frankly, he is not in
good health and I am just biding time. We have one fence that is 8 to
10 feet inside our line. I want to make an alleyway and put up another
fence about a foot inside our line or if shared expense, on the line.
Neighbor wants barbed wire, I want field fencing, so nothing's been
done. In the meantime, I sweat every time he shows his property to
someone(it is intermittently for sale). Because our fence is so far
inside the line, he could easily claim that land. He knows everyone and
has already accused us of moving pins, which we would never do. If
anyone has moved a pin, it surely wasn't us. Our property has been
surveyed twice in ten years, but neighbor doesn't believe the survey.
Oh well, there's one in every bunch.

Lynda wrote:
when obnoxious people get smacked up along side the head by the own
nasty behavior?

Well, our neighbors to the south were/are a strange couple. The guy
wasn't all that old but too many bent elbows with a bottle made him
seem much older than he was. He wasn't all that hard to get along
with but his wife is truly a piece of work. He died the Halloween
before last. Wifey dearest promptly took back her maiden name. He
had told us he would move their driveway to their property "before I
die." Well, it didn't happen.

Wifey got her comupence when his will was read. Seems the land had
always been in his name only and he left it to their daughter.
Daughter is one of those that came in like she owned the world and
shouting orders right, left and inbetween.

She was getting a surveyor out because she just knew the road was on
her property or at least most of it was. And she just knew that the
guy to the south of them and we were "stealing" her land.

We know where our northern line is because it is both surveyed and
filed with the county. Know where the eastern line is because one
corner is part of the northern survey and the other corner is a BLM
survey. We also know where one point on our southern line is because
there is also a BLM survey marker there.

Surveyor she paid was out yesterday and today. She lost 75% of the
road and between 20 and 50' on our joint line. It is all nicely
staked out now. Fence posts will be going in tomorrow!

And the best part, we didn't have to pay a thing <g>

Lynda Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms like
NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

05/10/09 07:02:00

--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/