homestead - Re: [Homestead] Trees, Wonderful Trees

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Trees, Wonderful Trees
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 06:43:14 -0400

Good deal on your tree planting. We talked about that some time back
and I was wondering how it went. My black locust trees mostly mad it.
So did the sourwoods.

Funny your how not to and how to! I'll have to check out the place
where I husked some nuts. I had a pickup truck of acorns for the hogs
and a bunch fell off to the side of the driveway. Seedlings are
growing. On the other hand, I planted some of them in a spot and don't
see anything coming up!

I checked out the black walnut/pecan planting site a few days ago. I
think a coupel (out of many) are coming up. However, I did nothing to
mark where I planted. Just planted in the middle of the tilled area at
3 paces. There is a lot of stuff coming up there now, so I think what
I see is seedlings (of pecans or walnuts).

Next time I do the how not to method, I'll mark where I dropped the seed!

Rob - Va