homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hand Pump for Well

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hand Pump for Well
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:13:49 -0700

On Apr 28, 2009, at 4:35 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Rob; I've been looking for something like that, too. That looks like a nice
one, but would cost over $1000 for a deep well. I like the fact that it can
be hooked into the pressure tank so the house water could be used normally,
but the connection to the house from my well is 5-6' underground (no pit) so
I don't know how I would connect it to the house water.

If the goal is water when the electricity is off, fill a tank when it is on. Way easier than pumping and if elevated provide gravity flow. Friends have two tanks on elevated stands to collect rain water. Same tanks could be filled with the well. They are opaque. Lots of tanks of various designs are available.