homestead - Re: [Homestead] Book Sale

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Book Sale
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:10:38 -0400

I just got back from yet another neighbor's farm where I shoveled my
pick up truck full of horse barn hay/poop. Now, I'm pooped! LOL..and I
haven't even unloaded it yet! Anyway, I'm gonna top those field peas
like James does. I have probably 3 or 4 more truckloads that I can get,
and I definitely am gonna get it as this guy doesn't feed his horses,
just pastures them, so the poop is really clean..no seeds or chemicals.
Another find that I forgot to mention...they opened a little family
style market in town and they had various fruits for sale. Last week, I
bought a honeydew melon for $1 and cut it open yesterday. It was THE
BEST honeydew melon I have ever eaten. So of course, I have saved the
seeds and I'm going to sow a few.
Today I had planned to get that hay and then plant and garden today, but
I got a late start on gardening. Tomorrow is lost to a doctor's
appointment so it will be Friday before I can really garden again. Yes,
there is still plenty of daylight left, but we are going on a ride
tonight and I haven't even started dinner. There's too much to do and
my feet need to hold up long enough to do it!
Ava is a morning person. I am not. She is my alarm clock most of the
time-she'll come up for coffee and such, and then we try to find some
kind of trouble to get into. Now that it is warm again, we are going to
make hypertufa projects and do some rock painting. Another excursion
into the National Forest looking for old homesteads would be fun, too.
I wish some of y'all lived closeby-the fun we could have....
Oh, and the verbena perennializes here, too, about 80% of the time.

Bev

Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry wrote:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:06 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>