homestead - [Homestead] Spring ticks

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Spring ticks
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:25:16 -0400

Spring is here full force, even with last weeks freeze, the ticks are
out. I was out for the first day of turkey hunting on Saturday
morning. I found no turkeys but 3 ticks crawling on me later in the
day. Today my belly button felt a little tingley, but I didn't see
anything there. Later it was more than a tingle and I found a freshly
attached tick. He's gone, and I put some antibiotic on. I beat you to
it this year, Gene.

I should note that later in the day on Saturday, around 3, I was
walking in my back field that's been seeded to pasture. I saw 5
turkeys out in the field. I went out this morning for a time in the
woods, glorious spring morning, great way to start Easter Sunday.
Didn't hear one gobbler calling, I don't think they've started yet.

Rob - Va