homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed Co's Owned by Monsanto

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed Co's Owned by Monsanto
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:48:52 EDT

Correct. Untrue.

Here are a few examples from company websites"

Willhite: "On September 1, 1994, Willhite Seed Company legally became
WillhiteSeed Inc. Even though we are incorporated, we are still a family
ownedbusiness."

Nichols:"Nichols Garden Nursery is a family business. Two generations are now
involved. "

Territorial:"Territorial Seed Company is a privately held company wholly
owned by Tom and Julie Johns"

Here is a website that tells what the parnt company is for the various
seedsmen. You will notice that Monasanto isn't among them:

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/whoownswhat.php

As you can see, for example, as Lynn pointed out, Jung's owns Jung's,
Seymour's, Totally Tomatoes, Vermont Beanseed Co, Edumund's Roses, Shumway,
and
others. But Monstanto is not in the picture.

Much like the Bush Bashing we were treated to for most of the past decade,
Monsanto is bad enough, but they are not omnipotent and ubiquitous nor are
they
responsibe for every ill in the world.

James