homestead - [Homestead] Disbudding goats

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Disbudding goats
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:21:13 -0400

I'm curious what others think. I like horns on my goats. I'm raising
milkers now, so most people like them without horns. I don't like the
idea of holding that hot iron to a kid's head. Then again, one of my
milkers got me by accident in the jaw with a horn the other morning.
No damage, but...

I've only got two girls born this year and they are not registered, if
I start with registered goats, they really need to be disbudded or the
value of the registration is gone. I'd like to hear from others not on
the goat lists.

Rob - Va