homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small Farm Renaissance

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small Farm Renaissance
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:50:58 -0800

Well, I just forwarded a notice. The NAIS boys have done an end run and got their financing stuck in the Omnibus bill and Teflon signed it. McNasty tried to get all those little fun things removed by amendment but his amendment was voted down.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

Oh, I wish this was true. Between NAIS and HR 875, small farms could be put
out of business. NAIS makes having livestock too expensive, and HR 875 is a
Monsanto-sponsored nightmare that sets up a whole new government agency to
be the Food Police. I've been marketing farm products for 6 years now, but
if these regulations go through, I can't afford it anymore.