homestead - [Homestead] tin roof problem

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] tin roof problem
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:03:42 -0800 (PST)

Not actually tin of course, corrigated steel.
I have an old shed on my property, about 1000 sq ft. When they built it they
used recycled metal, and didn't pay any attention to old nail holes. The
result is a roof with small holes, which creates a nice mottled effect on
sunny days and a somewhat wet effect on rainy days. I'm trying to think of
some simple way to patch holes. Can't think of anything inexpensive to
overlay the whole roof.
IN my experiance roofing tar with nothing under would drip in hot days.
Brush on roof cement with a little square of cloth or mesh should work, had
some experiance with that. but surely there is a better way. I have seen a
kind of tape, looks a little like electrical tape that might work, but don't
think it is available here.
Any ideas? good! bad! or creative.
Van Dell