homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic survival story

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic survival story
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 10:41:36 -0500

It's nice that they had the resources to do that, and family to let them stay for free on their land. I've read so many stories about people going from 6-figure salaries to "survival jobs" earming $12/hour. Here $12/hour is considered a good job. Hundreds of applicants fight for every minumum wage job (that's not the recession; it's been that way for many years here). I put in three applications last year to work for minimum wage at the Dollar Bazaar, and never even got an interview. People shouldn't move to the country if they need a job...there aren't enough for the people already here.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA