homestead - [Homestead] Documentary Channel

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Documentary Channel
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:56:49 -0500

I thought I would mention this because there are so few decent channels
on TV anymore....
DISH offers the Documentary Channel, and we have found it to be very
entertaining, like PBS, but without the commercials and pledge drives.
I'm not sure how long DISH has offered this, but I was not aware of it
until we ditched all but the local channels. As it turns out, some
channels are free and this is one of them. We may have had it before,
but it got lost in the shuffle of all those other channels. It may be
some kind of introductory offer, I don't know for sure, but it is a good
channel.
Last night, we watched a program about eco footprints and
sustainability, and tonight we watched a program filmed in present day
NC about moonshiners, and then one on the Amish. Both programs were
exceptionally entertaining. The subjects I've seen have been topics
that are of interest to homesteaders, I think. If you have DISH, look
for it. It is channel 197 on my guide, but I'm sure yours would be
different.
--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge