homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:50:36 -0800

At 2/10/2009 05:40 PM,Lynda wrote:

This morning it dawns bright with blue skies and fluffy white clouds. The
weatherman, you know, the guy who gets paid to be wrong more than half the
time, says it will snow this evening and that we'll be having snow for the
next 3 to 5 days, OR more.

Well, it seems an hour after I leave the house it starts snowing up in the
hills where we live.

Yeah, right. There is NO WAY the little truck is making it up our hill
through several inches of snow! Had to call DH and have him come get us.
Then we get home, get the Suburban and tow the little truck home.

I tell ya, some days it just doesn't pay to leave the house <g> But, we
finally have some snow!

Snow up here too, maybe 8+" making it a 'real' snow IMO, supposed to be raining sometime tonight. Took me almost an hour to get out of the drive, down the hill & up the other small one, turned around and back into the drive. Put the chains on the '84 VW bus (the Bay window and Vanagon are NOT the early buses(57-67), they are not worth a darn in the snow) and drove the 3 miles to pick up the little kids from where the bus dropped them off. On the way home passed daughter Aurora (she is doing well and seems to have beat the Leukemia at this point) stuck in a ditch. The bus (with chains) got her pulled out and she drove up the hill. The daughter in town with her rear wheel drive decided to leave her kids here for the night and so we just wait for one more to make it home. The chains are still on the bus <g>.

With any luck our snow will be gone sometime tomorrow... Good luck Lynda.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA