homestead - Re: [Homestead] Positive thinking is going on, too.

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Positive thinking is going on, too.
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 21:02:21 -0800 (PST)

California, right?  Got an idea for ya.

You might want to check out the used RV lots.   The economy is pretty bad
now, and RV sales are off.  People buy them, and use them only a little and
then put them up for sale or trade them in.  After 1 year the prices are
slashed significantly.  The newer winterized ones, can handle temps down into
the teens, LP heats them fine (figure about one 30 gallon tank lasting 1-3
weeks in winter depending on day time temps and how warm you want it).
Outside of winter, the LP can last 6-9 months depending on how much you cook.
The RV lots can help find the financing, too, pretty low monthly payments.

Would give you a chance to be on your own land.

If the electric power is out, the fridge flips right over to LP, so no food
spoilage.

--------

“All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” ~ George
Orwell