homestead - [Homestead] IBM to export jobs & workers

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] IBM to export jobs & workers
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:10:47 -0800

This is different enough to think about, our world IS changing.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/management/outsourcing/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=213000389&cid=iwhome_art_Outso_mostpop

>>Under a program called Project Match, IBM will help workers laid off from domestic sites obtain travel and visa assistance for countries in which Big Blue has openings. Mostly that's developing markets like India, China, and Brazil.

In addition to India, China, and Brazil, IBM is offering to relocate redundant U.S. workers to a number of other developing markets, including Mexico, the Czech Republic, Russia, South Africa, Nigeria, and the United Arab Emirates, according to the notice, which was obtained Monday by InformationWeek. <<

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA

  • [Homestead] IBM to export jobs & workers, Rob, 02/05/2009