homestead - Re: [Homestead] Planting trees

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Planting trees
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:52:44 -0500

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:15 AM, bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> Rob, I like to eat persimmons. You can't get fresh persimmons out here.
> They don';t take much room to grow but they do require water. If you have
> wet areas, a couple of persimmon trees might be fun

That's a good idea. All the wild persimmon trees on my place do not
taste good, even after a freeze. I might throw in some other fruits
from my grafting class. Stick in a persimmon, apple, pear, when I have
an odd spot that would take another tree. Would definitely add some
interest, use and the bees would not mind the variety either.

Rob - Va