homestead - Re: [Homestead] A thought

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A thought
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:01:40 -0800

Well, using legaleze and technicalities, he is prez, he's not a term. <g> The Constitution says the "term" strats at noon on January 20 and it goes on to specify what happens if the prez elect isn't able to do his duty but it doesn't say he becomes prez at noon on January 20.

Hey, Sandy, we're thinking of a ballot measure to stop the legislators giving themselves raises and make it necessary for the raises to be voted on. Also, to do in the car allowances. Know anyone in your area that would be willing to get signatures?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Bunjov AT aol.com>

But...but...(insert stutter) -
I thought I heard it said more than once that - oath or no oath - he was
automatically made President as of 12:01 a.m.?
I am further confounded.
Perhaps I've missed a post or two?
Been busy out here fighting the bureaucracy on our local level...only
because Sacramento has been playing pocket pool for a long time and now is trying
to rack us up and shoot us all over the place. Sadly, instead of hunkering
down with seed catalogs, I am only squatting long enough to re-load.
Sandy
Mid-Mojave