homestead - Re: [Homestead] Splitting fire wood

  • From: "Frank Fries" <frank.fries AT imagewireless.ca>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Splitting fire wood
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:14:58 -0600

I also have a Monster Maul. I no longer split much wood and burn it whole now but used to split a lot of wood with it.

They were made by a company called something like "Homestead Products" - their main product was a kit for barrel stoves. The stoves worked very well, as did the maul.

Not only do the mauls work well, they don't get stuck in the wood like an axe.

I don't think you can buy them anymore - I think the company has been out of business for quite a few years.

Frank

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>