homestead - [Homestead] Home-grown greens and such

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Home-grown greens and such
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:01:49 -0800 (PST)

My 'greens' garden is doing great. We had chef's salads for dinner last
night with the base greens being my hom grown (two different varieties)
curly red lettuce. (so , I guess, those greens were really 'reds' ;-o )

My collards, mustard and tuenip greens are all pretty and becoming large. I
will probably cut and cook some in the next few days. My brocooli doesn't
yet have "fruit" . But,Even the extra bed where I planted seed -- the bed I
thought didn't turn out-- has sprouted many, many little plants--we shall see
how that turns out.

My yellow pear tomatoes are still producing. I had those, along with some
local (Wilcox, AZ) red tomatyoes in the salads also.

I have a local source for a new type od heat-resistnat tomatoe plant, for
this spring. I will probably plow under my old tomato beds (except for the
yellow pear and a couple of other bushes-- and plant in early Feb, the new
tomato plants...............

  • [Homestead] Home-grown greens and such, bobf, 01/18/2009