homestead - Re: [Homestead] Needing stuff like Glasses

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Needing stuff like Glasses
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:15:22 EST

> > I am talking about how I am trying to be self sufficient on
> the farm, and the next, I am looking around for cheap glasses.

My vision is very poor and has been all my life. If that weren't enough, my
right cornea is damaged from .... hmmm ... let's say ... an accident
twenty-five years ago.

I had glasses on and off since I was six. Then about twenty years ago I broke
a brand new pair of glasses after I'd had them a week and I said "Enough of
this!"

I decided a slightly blurred world was nothing to pine over. I have not had
glasses in the past twenty years and my vision has greatly improved since
then
(still the pits, but very greatly improved).

You know how that if orthodontists had their way, everyone would have
perfectly cosmetically straight teeth. If osteopaths had it their way, every
little
compromise in the spine would result in surgery. If psychologist had it
there
way, everyone would be in perpetual psychological care for life.

Do we all really need 20/20 vision? Is that natural?

If I was in danger of running over someone or couldn't see how to plant a
carrot bed, I'd get glasses again. Maybe. Because I know that augmented
vision
gives your eyes nothing to work at and they deteriorate all the faster.

James