homestead - Re: [Homestead] Needing stuff like Glasses

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Needing stuff like Glasses
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:09:17 -0600

My eyes aren't all that bad. It was only in college when I couldn't
read blackboards that I got my first pair. At that advanced age
(woooo! 18 or 19) I had a hard time getting used to them so I wore
them only as absolutely needed. Eventually I ended up wearing them
mostly just at work and eventually to drive. Now that I've hit the
magic age, I don't need them to drive, but to my sorrow I do need them
to read (except for large print books), and it's a real PIA to get
comfortable reading in bed unless you're sitting up, and where's the
fun in that?

Marie