homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama news conference

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama news conference
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:00:04 -0800

Talk, talk, talk. I have yet to see talk feed a family or make the payroll. As the old saying goes, talk is cheap. Everyone and his uncle should have known by now that, if nothing else, the guy can talk. In fact, he wasn't used on a show back in IL because he never stops talking.

You want the *real* Teflon, listen to his "unprepared" and "unrehearsed" nasty nattering over the proposed Jr. Senator from IL. I say, if that is what he thinks and the criteria he feels should be used, and since it wasn't scripted, one can assume that he speaks, in this case only, what he really thinks, then he should step down as president elect!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

I just finished listening to a live news conference and questiona and answer segment with the President-Elect. I'll say that it is really hard not to be impressed. He is completely self-assured, and does articulate his comments much better than what I have seen in some time. I could never be a supporter becasue of his big government policies, but, I think, for a while anyway; he is going to be given a lot of leeway by the public. Forgot the press, they were already his cheerleaders. But, the public is paying attention, and , to me , anyway; it is hard not to 'like the guy' ................................................

p.s. I don't know where you would find a transcript, there wa nothing terribly consequential, except that he is ready to spend both heaven and hell to prop up the economy. Maybe that is the right thing to do, I don't think so, but I thought the eigth horse was a shoo-in to place in the fourth race last night................................