homestead - [Homestead] Obama news conference

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Obama news conference
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:57:24 -0800 (PST)

I just finished listening to a live news conference and questiona and answer
segment with the President-Elect. I'll say that it is really hard not to be
impressed. He is completely self-assured, and does articulate his comments
much better than what I have seen in some time. I could never be a supporter
becasue of his big government policies, but, I think, for a while anyway; he
is going to be given a lot of leeway by the public. Forgot the press, they
were already his cheerleaders. But, the public is paying attention, and , to
me , anyway; it is hard not to 'like the guy'

p.s. I don't know where you would find a transcript, there wa nothing
terribly consequential, except that he is ready to spend both heaven and hell
to prop up the economy. Maybe that is the right thing to do, I don't think
so, but I thought the eigth horse was a shoo-in to place in the fourth race