homestead - [Homestead] Print-on-Demand (was: Unbelievable)

  • From: "Karen L. Black" <karen AT plamondon.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Print-on-Demand (was: Unbelievable)
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:36:33 -0800

Gene writes:

> A printing run large enough to get the cost down would still be five
or six thousand dollars. I wonder if any printer has a good print-on-
demand process.

Not only does print-on-demand exist, my husband and I have been using it to
print books for our publishing business for over five years
(www.nortoncreekpress.com). We currently have a dozen books in print, and
are working on more.

We learned much of what we needed from Morris Rosenthal at Foner Books. Here
is his case study showing the cost, sales and profit for his book
"Print-On-Demand Book Publishing": http://www.fonerbooks.com/pod.htm.
There's a lot of useful stuff on his website.

Aaron Shepard also has useful information on self-publishing and selling
through Amazon at http://www.aaronshep.com/publishing/index.html.

Karen Black
www.nortoncreekpress.com