homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small farms Changing

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small farms Changing
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 05:37:36 -0800 (PST)

I wondered about the exotic animals bit. I know, out here, ostrich and emu
ranching went bust a while back and the ranchers donated their animals to the
sheriff to serve inmates (cheaper to donate than to feed- for some reason,
no customers to buy them?). Do you feed your cows any corn? Why do the
commercials and ads say "corn-fed beef"?