homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shots

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shots
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 22:52:15 -0500

EarthNSky wrote:
Sage, get some of those gel filled ice/heat packs. You can use any kind of ice pack, but the gel ones mold to your arm and come with wraps and straps to hold them in place.
Sounds soothing. I've not seen the gel-filled ones, sounds like they'd be just the ticket. Check, though, first, to see whether heat or cold or alternating would be good. For instance, giving that many shots at one time sounds as if they are possibly trying to spread the substance around, in which case cold might work against that by slowing local circulation. There are sometimes other reasons they want no heat, or no cold, or whatever. I'm sure they'd go for one or another, just check and make sure what's most advantageous.

SJ