homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shots

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shots
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:46:43 EST

> >Bev; Even I, anti-doctor as I am, would have gotten the shots.

I too am anti-doctor and anti-allopathic-medicine but I'd have not hesitated
for an instant fo get the shots no matter the cost. Although in this state
all such medicines from the health department are on a sliding scale and they
don't charge paupers much for them. And they make no real effort to collect
from anyone.

People are quick with an implausible excuse as to why they have high blood
pressure, obesity, and a host of other things. Chemical medicines should be
the
LAST resort, not the first. In the case of rabies, the recommended treatment
is the only game in town and the alternative is grim.

James