homestead - Re: [Homestead] The telegraph operator

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The telegraph operator
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:47:52 -0600

Very nice, James.

As an editor, I often felt I was making buggies. Alas, if you read the
printed word, you'll find that editors are still needed even if no one
wants to pay for them.

Much as I despise my bureaucratic sinecure, I'm not giving it up until
I figure out just how badly the winds are blowing. Unlike telegraph
operators, bureaucrats are always employed.

Not that I underestimate Governor B's ability to cause total meltdown.

Marie