homestead - [Homestead] Red & yellow Tomatoes, bell peppers, scant okra

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Red & yellow Tomatoes, bell peppers, scant okra
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:41:10 -0800 (PST)

Well, five days till Christmas, and I just picked more yellow pear shape
tomatoes, 3 big red tomatoes (finally ripe), and 4 big green bell peppers,
and waited on the okra. The okra is still producing but the fruit is real
short and stubby and not really growing. I'll pick again , all of the above
around Christmas, and pick all of the stubby okra. Compared to a country
garden it isn't much, but compared to what I get from market, it is tasty.

After the first frost, my tangelos will be ready. I've already had more
requests than what the tree will bear. My tangelo tree really is one of the
best I've ever seen. Last year, it was so laded that the tree looked more
yellow than gree. This year, the harvest won't be as large, but the
tangelos, themselves, are oversized. Most are the sixze of navel oranges,
and many are grape-fruit size. I forget the name of this hybrid tree with
which I experimented, but It has been spectacular.

All of my greens are growing and doing well. None died,-- that shocked me of
the black thumb. The seeds are starrting to show more , maybe I will have
more production from them than I expected...............

  • [Homestead] Red & yellow Tomatoes, bell peppers, scant okra, bobf, 12/20/2008