homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cherry question

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cherry question
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:54:13 -0500

I don't know how 'rural' a rural Southern abode is :-). The northern tier of Pennsylvania is very rural. I'm 3 miles outside of town (the county seat and largest town in the county...less than 3,000 people). When I moved here, there were only 2 other houses visible from my house; now there are 5 houses and a church visible. Being so close to town, the area is getting built up...the rest of the county is much more rural. The closest Walmart is 15 miles, and the only large chain store in the area (AMES) closed 5 years ago. We do have a Pizza Hut and a McDonalds in town.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>