homestead - Re: [Homestead] Need A Recipe

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Need A Recipe
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:39:45 -0500

Lynda

I always make sweet potato pie the same way I make pumpkin. I prefer sweet
potato (yum).

For one large pie, (all amounts are "about")
1.5 c mashed s pot
2/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1.5 c milk
.5 c cream or evap milk
1 tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp salt
.25 tsp nutmeg

10 min at 450, 45 or so at 300.

I like ginger, too (1/2 tsp). I personally don't care for cloves, but 1/4
tsp would do.
Sugar could be white or brown or mix (I usually add a bit of molasses for
depth)
Milk/cream could be any proportion. I've even used reconstituted dry with
some melted butter. Not excellent, but still good when you're hungry.

Mmmm loves me some sweet tater pie.

Cathy