homestead - Re: [Homestead] Excellent NYT editorial

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Excellent NYT editorial
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 05:16:18 -0800 (PST)

My earliest memories of NO was concerning warnings to 'not' drink the water.
Actually, I'm sure that NO was the first p;ce I ever saw bottled water. Not
all of S. LA gets their water from the Mississippi, but most all of S. LA has
a high water table. I remember in places like Lake Charles and Lafayette,
people talking of the 'bad' water in NO. But, Grand Isle, Houma, etc, my
preference would have been to abstain from tap water,