homestead - Re: [Homestead] Marie, your governor isn't just a crook--he is stupid

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Marie, your governor isn't just a crook--he is stupid
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:57:47 -0800

Ah, "makes you think he stole the election" I believe is the point. Dirty politics is generational in IL, particularly Chicago. Which is precisely how Teflon got elected the first time around.

BTW, most folks who have taken a PoliSci class have studied Chicago/IL politics <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I'm amazed that you think you know so much about Illinois politics.
You have to live here to get the gist. Yeah, Blago got lots of votes
in Chicago, but he won the election by promising a big, honking
four-lane high way to northwest Illinois. Those folks really want a
road. In central Illinois, where we already have roads, Blogo didn't
do all that well, even in highly Republican counties.

He had the advantage as his opponent was a crook of the Ryan (that's
the most recent governor to be in federal custody) variety, but his
ragged edges were beginning to show. Plus, he really is effing (to use
his favorite word) stupid. Beyond belief. Makes you wonder if he
stole the election. The final resultws were Blogo, 50 percent, Judy
Barr, 40 percent. the other guy 10 percent.

I voted for the other guy, which is pretty much what we're going to
get if Blago steps down.

Marie