homestead - Re: [Homestead] Auto Bail-out vote today

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Auto Bail-out vote today
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:57:14 -0800

Yes and GM already has an electric car which was very successful, the EV1. They don't need to wait until 2011. They could have it back out on the roads by mid-year 2009. They are stupid and they won't do it. That is precisely why we shouldn't bail out the Big 3.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

This commentary from Tom Friedman in today's NYT gives an entirely different reason why the auto bail-ouy will not work. I've read Friedman for years, and though I do consider him an expert on International affairs, I don't value his opinion on domestic or financial affairs any higher than any other opinion maker, small-town or big city. This is just a bit funny that two different commentaries from two opposing points of view, both imply the bail-outs are mind-numblingly stupid...........