homestead - Re: [Homestead] frozen stock tank

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] frozen stock tank
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:25:03 -0500

I worry more about putting the pick through the side of the tank (especially when my over-enthusiastic son does it for me). Closer to an outlet is further from the water source (it would mean dragging 2 lengths of hose through the barnyard, right now I can fill it from outside the fence). I had a grand scheme over the summer to construct an insulated box for the trough, painted black to absorb heat, with a plexiglass window to let in even more heat (fashioned after the expensive solar-heated waterers). Another of my brilliant ideas that hasn't come to pass (yet).

Lynn Wigglesworth
----- Original Message ----- From: "keith bellinger" <bartermn AT epix.net>