homestead - Re: [Homestead] National Debt Much > $100 Trillion & the Bond Market Bubble

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] National Debt Much > $100 Trillion & the Bond Market Bubble
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:58:45 -0800 (PST)

Leslie, your message came to me directly , rather than the 'list'. When you
go to hit "reply" always make sure the homestead list address is in the
addressee send-to rectangle. It is a little hard to get used to at first,
and then it is second nature. I will reply to part of your
comments/questions withing 'your' post below. My replies will be noted by
the asteriks preceding my comments

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Darn!  I have a high school diploma and 1 year of community
> college under my belt.... So I keep reading everything I can
> that seems reasonable. Eureka !!!  That is why milk costs

****** You have given no mention of your age, and that is okay, if you choose
to keep it that way. I think you might be one of the younger members. I
would guess that the average age on this list is about , maybe 45 years of
age. A few older and a couple or more , younger.

> Ayn Rand,

>> Anyway explain how selfishness is circular.

****** If I am running a cafe, I want to make the best sandwiches possible,
so that I can charge a better price, and bring in more renumeration for my
self, so that I can be happier, happiness is a virtue.

Rand says that there is virtue in selfishness. If we each strive to do what
is best for ourselves than everone should be optimally happy, content,
secure. But, in my cafe; if I see that you are hungry, especially if I know
that it is not through in fault of your own, my happiness dissipates in the
face of your unfortunate situation.

Therefore; to regain my full sense of happiness, I would 'give' you something
to eat, gratis; and would again feel happy. I have commited an unselfish act
to fulfill my selfish purpose of achieving personal happiness. The concept
runs circular rather than linear.

>> I have no problems with those who wish to withdraw from society.  And if
>> they can do it without paying much in taxes, all I can say is kudos to
>> them (and give me some tips).  I can totally understand that some people
>> would conclude there is no reason to interact with people they can
not tolerate.  I go "on strike" as needed. (What?  Mr. McX, you want me to
work 6 days a week 12 hours a day, refuse to pay overtime, and cut my salary
in half? Nope. I quit. On strike permanently from you, Mr. McX.)

****** You can get those types of tips from this list. But, you have to be a
bit more explicit in your questions, and a little more informative about what
you are doing now, and what you hope to do. I really did not understand that
preceding paragraph

> I'm sure hoping that other self-reliants will be willing to share from time
> to time.. because I definitely need help getting this black thumb to turn
> green....

***** They will , leslie; if you give a bit more info, and ask specific
questions