homestead - Re: [Homestead] National Debt Much > $100 Trillion & the Bond Market Bubble

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] National Debt Much > $100 Trillion & the Bond Market Bubble
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:49:06 -0800 (PST)

I will reply to you 'generally' about wealth destruction, and leave mr
buffett out of the picture. If you own a stand of timber; that timber has
value, which gives you 'wealth' . If the timber burns, that 'wealth' is
destoryed. It transferred to no-one.

In a more complicated macro-economic picture, one could say that the burning
of your stand of timber increased the value of all of the similar timber left

You wrote "> 1) we can not avoid the inflationary effects of the money
> printing - it will happen ". Austrian economics would agree with you.
> Inflation would occur simply with the printing of the money.

There is an opposing view that says that ias long as the wealth 'destruction
is 'equal' to the newly printed fiat money, then inflation will not occur;
and that if the wealth destruction 'exceed' the money printed, then we will
in fact have a 'deflationary' depression. I tend to agree with the Austrian
school, as do you; but , I have my concerns, still.