homestead - Re: [Homestead] Greed

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Greed
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 22:03:26 +0000

---------------------
Greed is the intense desire for something. It is used most often in
reference to money. Without that high motivation our free enterprise
system would be far less productive.
---------------------------

I don't think necessarily that an intense desire for something is greed. That
is how I'd define lust. But all motivated and successful (financially
wealthy) persons are not necessarily greedy or lusty, either. I would define
greed as taking more of anything than you need, especially if it denies it to
someone else. By that definition, I might be greedy...I have more land than I
need and I don't want to give it up. I know I have an intense desire to work
my land and make enough money to be less worried about money all the time. I
don't want to have to barely scrape by for the rest of my life. I desire that
very much and I don't consider myself greedy.

Roxann