homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just picked Okra, tomatoes , & bell pepper

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just picked Okra, tomatoes , & bell pepper
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:53:29 -0800 (PST)

Usually we get our first heavy frost/maybe freeze around jan/Feb; sometimes
we don't get enough of a freeze to kill every plant, if you cover them with
sheets. Sometimes we do get a hard freeze, or two, or three, and everything
dies.

My plants are procducibg slow; I'm only getting a few of each every few
days. But, I have plenty of small, growing peppers, still, plenty of green
tomatoes. The okra is still growing, but the fruit from the okra, are short
and stubby, most of the time, now. All of the greens I transplanted a couple
of weeks are growing but I don't really know how long they will take to
harvest......