homestead - Re: [Homestead] In fighting

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] In fighting
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:12:32 -0500

Didn't mean to infer that you are a Bushie (or Lynn). The Dems have
been in control since 11/4. Since 2006, they have not been in control.
Repubs have blocked most any initiatives that they have attempted.
Congressional Dems have not, however, done a good job accomplishing
anything useful since 2006. I really thought that they might be
punished for that in Nov, but I guess not this time.

Obama owns this situation. It's been squarely placed in his lap.
Neither George Bush or congress just happened upon this mess. Congress
probably needs more of the blame and that has been controlled largely
by Republicans for many, many years.

I really hope that Obama can step up to the plate and come through on
the one campaign promise I'll hold him to. "I will be honest with
you."

Bush finally admitted that we are in a recession one year after the
indicators started.

Rob - Va