homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economy & famil

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economy & famil
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:43:06 -0500

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:43 AM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lisa, I am sorry to read about your sister's family. I am very worried
> about my younger brothers. I don't think we'll be out of this mess by 2010,
> I'm expecting the worst in 3 - 5 years. They should have let it all
> collapse, earlier this year. They have postponed the inevitable and made it
> worse.
>
> I'm glad that you know your family will pull together. I'm afraid our
> society is soon to see many broken marriages, heavy drinking, and such.

Thanks Lynn and Bob.

I feel the same as you do, Bob. My silver lining thinking that my sister &
family will pull together is hopeful thinking at its best. They have some
issues (like many of us, I suspect), and this will test them as a couple and
as a family. I'm being positive when I say that things will be okay.

I didn't hear anything today which meant she didn't learn anything more
about his job. I'm concerned. It's one thing to look for a job in a decent
economy and another during the times we're in now. The other thing is the
Applebee's restaurants might not be doing much better.

Thanks for listening.

lkvp