homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:20:31 -0500

So are you saying, Lynn, that since it's still possible in some rural
locations to make purchases with cash from stores that do not use itemized
receipts that there's no need to be concerned about the erosion of privacy?

I'm seriously interested, not being argumentative or smart-alecky. My best
friend used to tell me that I tend to paranoia in my libertarian leanings.
I think she was exagerating, at least a little<g>.

Cathy