homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 22:14:08 -0500

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>wrote:

> Their cash register doesn't even itemize what was
> purchased, just the price. Absolutely no record of who purchased what, even
> if you use a credit card.

I miss that about the middle of nowhere. All my purchases are itemized on
reciepts these days, even when I buy local.

I broke down and bought store-brand Sudafed a few months back. To get my 12
pills (cost under $2) I had to show state-issued ID and was entered into a
special database for drug buyers.

Social security #s reveal just about everything, medical, employment, taxes,
education, use of credit, banking, etc etc etc.

Cathy