homestead - Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:45:44 +0000

I agree with James. There are lots of mechanisms that are unexplained because
science hasn't figured it out yet, and may never. Just because it isn't
explainable, or studied by science, or proven by scientists, doesn't mean it
isn't possible. Some genes exist for no apparent reason, and some are either
'on' or 'off' and one day they might find a way to flip the switch whichever
way they want. or they might find a reason for why certain genes exist or
don't in the first place. Just because we can't imagine a way doesn't mean
that someone else someday won't. And if we can imagine a way, just because
it's considered mysticism and fancy now doesn't mean that someday it won't be
considered science.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)

>That is, unless

> you think that people have conscious control over what happens to
> their genes and they are able to direct changes to them. If that's
> your theory, then we've left science and entered New Age mysticism.

A very short time ago the notion that one's genetic makeup could alter at
all, the epigentics or the sequencing, was considered itself to be fanciful
mysticism.  Now it is not.  Every estabilshed scientific principle we
consider to
be truth incarnate now of days was at one time leaving science and entering
mysticism.