homestead - [Homestead] Cheese making recipes and diy instructions

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Cheese making recipes and diy instructions
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 02:45:05 -0800 (PST)

This (below) is a partial copy of the links from his mainpage. I don't know
how relevant or helpful this might be to people who are already making their
own cheese ...

FANKHAUSER'S CHEESE PAGE

©David B. Fankhauser, Ph.D.,

Professor of Biology and Chemistry
University of Cincinnati Clermont College,
Batavia OH 45103

I make my cheese from goat's milk, but store bought can work.

Created 4 December 1998. Pouring off the whey
from curds and whey.

Newbies, please read first:
Beginning Cheese Making Comment Page
(Java must be on to view "comments.")

Here is an abbreviated (roughly) alphabetized table of recipes on this site.
Note that some are homesteading recipes beyond cheese:
Blue cheese
Ice Cream
Root Beer, home made

Buttermilk
Labneh
Schnecken sweet rolls

Cheese, basic hard, 1 gallon
Mascarpone
Swiss Cheese

Cheese, basic hard, 5 gallon
Milks, nutritional content of various
Trouble shooting: No clean break?

Cheese Making, Beginning
Milking, and milk, proper handling
Yogurt (And try khyar b'laban) a fabulous Middle Eastern summer dish.)

Cheese press, home made
Mozzarella, American
Whole Wheat Bread. Here are more pictures making WWWheat bread.

Cheese Videos
Mozzarella, Fresh (Pasta Filata)
Cream Cheese

Clotted Cream
Mozzarella, Italian
Limoncello

Farmer's Cheese
Neufchatel
Lemon Ice (Granita al Limone)

Feta
Panir
"Pane Rustica": crusty, chewy, delicious Italian bread

Ginger Ale, home made
Rennet And here is Home made rennet!
Red Raspberry Jam, quick, easy, delicious!

Gjetost
Ricotta
Smoking Foods (I am still a novice)

Butchering 101 (Deer)