homestead - Re: [Homestead] Eggs are hatching-UPDATE

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Eggs are hatching-UPDATE
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:59:49 -0500

Yup. It was really, really cool. I went over with camera to try to get pics of beaks poking thru the holes. I focused, snapped one. I focused again, snap two..wait,,,what was that..there was something about that last shot...<bev flips on light> OMG...in the 5 seconds between snapshots, a chick hatched and I caught her first seconds of life!!
I'll let her dry out a bit and maybe more will hatch..you have to wait for it...if I have to be patient, you do too! <VBG>

bob ford wrote:
Thanks bev. I didn't see any hatched chicks, though. I guess that will be
in the next batch of pics.